Summer has FINALLY decided to visit the UK and at this time of year I enjoy having some healthy snacks/desserts that I can reach for whenever I’m feeling peckish. I started making Watermelon and mint juice a couple of years ago but it didn’t occur to me that that I could turn the juice into popsicles until a few weeks ago! It’s funny how just one little idea can completely change the way you’ve viewed a longstanding recipe.
These Watermelon Mint popsicles are perfect for children, for picnics, or for when you need to entertain loads of guests but have little time to make an elaborate dessert. They only take about 10 minutes to make and the freezer does the rest of the work for you. So, try the recipe below and do let me know what you think. Enjoy!
• • •
Serves 8 Prep: 10 mins. Freeze: 4 hours Difficulty level: Easy
- Half of a small watermelon
- A small handful of fresh mint
- 2 thumb sized pieces of ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
2. Pour the liquid into popsicle moulds and insert popsicle sticks (here’s a shopping link for the popsicle moulds I used: https://amzn.to/3fUFj6L).
3. Freeze for 4-6 hours and then remove from the freezer.
• • •