So I had a day off work and decided to spend it exploring Westfield Mall in Shepherd’s Bush, London. I took my camera along in the hope of capturing something interesting. Without intending to, I realised I’d taken photos of some of my favourite things and so I decided to share them with you. Naturally, we’re always drawn to the things we love and this is what makes life enjoyable. This post may seem a bit random, but I hope it gives you some insight into my personality and inspires you to explore what it is that you’re drawn to.
● ● ● ●
So here are a few of my favourite things:
- Bold Lipstick: As I entered the Lush store, I was immediately drawn to the metallic green lipstick worn by a beautiful store attendant. I loved her boldness to wear such an unusual colour and how the rest of her makeup was minimal, making her lips the centre of attention. We got chatting and she kindly agreed to let me take her picture; I noticed that her face had a great bone structure and I think she should be modelling. When I’m in a rush and only have ten minutes to do my makeup, I’ll usually apply a bold lipstick because it immediately makes me look a bit more polished and ‘put together’. I don’t own a green lipstick…yet, so I may just have to pick one up soon.
- Food: Yes, food is definitely one of the ways to my heart. I have been known to get incredibly cranky when I’m hungry and the evil MSA (I sometimes call her Bronwyn) occasionally makes an appearance when my blood sugar levels begin to drop. While at the mall I became hungry, so I decided to get some food before Bronwyn appeared and caused a scene (my apologies to anyone called Bronwyn). I went to ‘Pho’ in the food court and ordered a delicious apple, mint, lime and ginger smoothie which I sipped on as I waited for my food; these days I just love adding ginger to anything and everything! I was so happy when my Vietnamese curry arrived and I promptly gobbled it up.
- Hot Chocolate: This is my elixir of life! I’ve never been much of a tea or coffee fan but hot chocolate just does it for me. One of my favourite versions of hot chocolate is mint hot chocolate, which is very easy to make at home – just make extra strong mint tea and throw in some instant hot chocolate – it’s like heaven in a glass! To be honest, I enjoy chocolate in almost any form and if I was ever stranded on a deserted island I would happily live on chocolate (well, at least for a few days). I happened to walk by a guy handing out free hot chocolate samples in front of a Whittard’s store and I couldn’t resist tasting some. Those chocolate shots were incredibly potent! I felt as though my blood stream was composed of at least 50% of liquid chocolate after drinking one. Do you recall how Homer Simpson used to say, “Buuuuttttter,” in a zombie like voice wherever he saw a block of butter? Well just imagine me walking around the mall saying, “Chooocccolllaaaate.”
- Makeup Shopping: If you haven’t guessed it already, I loooooooooove makeup and shopping for makeup makes the dullest day seem like Christmas. These days I find myself praying before I enter a makeup store; I pray for the strength to resist the temptation to buy the whole store. It’s just that I’ll decide that I only want one makeup item, but then I’ll discover that there’s a new highlighter that has just come out and I’ll start reasoning to myself, “Well this highlighter is soooo different from the other 5 gold ones that I have……I mean the flecks of gold are just that bit bigger.” God help me!
- Angels: I love statues, figurines, and basically anything that depicts angels. I find them comforting and they help me to realise that there’s more to life than what my physical eyes see. I just happened to see this little cherub in the perfume section at Debenhams, of all places. He’s more of a rebellious angel and I imagine that he’s the kind of angel that would fly around listening to heavy metal instead of classical music. Oh, and he’s rather fashionable with his sunglasses, and I suspect he would wear the Zadig & Voltaire perfume every day.
So there you have it, a few of my favourite things and some randomness to brighten up your day (oh, and being random is also one of my favourite things to do). I encourage you to try incorporating at least one of your favourite things into each day; life is too short so just enjoy it. I’ll leave you with this quote:
“Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style”
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe: insert your name and email below then click the ‘Subscribe’ button[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]