Some mornings there just isn’t enough time sit down and enjoy a leisurely breakfast, so it’s good to have quick fixes that are nutritious and filling. I’ve been experimenting with protein shakes lately, I just throw whatever I have in my fridge and cupboards and see what combinations work (or don’t work, lol); I make a different one almost every other day and I love them. I created an oatmeal, banana and coconut protein shake which is now one of my favourites. This shake keeps me feeling full for hours due to the 18 grams of protein and the slow release carbohydrates of oats. Banana and coconut add natural sugar to this shake so you don’t need to add any processed sugar. It’s a winner! So give this recipe a try and see what you think.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe: insert your name & email below, then click the ‘subscribe’ button.
- 1 cup (250mls) semi-skimmed milk (or any other type of milk you like, e.g. almond milk)
- 1 scoop Whey protein powder (I use a 70ml scoop of ‘Precision Engineered Whey Protein’, which has 18grams of protein per scoop, but you can use your favourite protein powder)
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Dessicated Coconut
- 1 x 27 gram sachet of Quick Cook Porridge Oats
- Just throw everything into a blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth (there will be some texture to this shake because of the oats and coconut, so keep on blending for a few minutes more if you don’t like the texture)
- Drink it (obviously) and enjoy! 🙂