I was introduced to protein balls by my sister last year and I have been making them frequently since then. They are a great snack before or after exercising, and sometimes if I don’t have time to eat a proper breakfast I will eat some of them along with a breakfast shake. I decided to create my own recipe using the ingredients I had in my kitchen and I was very happy with the end result. I included Chia seeds, whey protein powder and peanuts to ensure that these balls were packed to the hilt with protein.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe: insert your name & email below, then click the ‘subscribe’ button.
- 187.5 grams Stoned dates
- 1/2 cup Crunchy peanut butter (preferably with no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Whey protein powder, vanilla flavour
- 1/3 cup Organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar (you may need to add a little more than this if your mixture is dry)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until they are combined and form a large mass
- Using clean hands roll small handfuls of the mixture into balls and then store in an airtight container. They should last a week, but in my house they may last only a few days because I can’t stop eating them!